Python is an interpreted, high-level, general-purpose programming language. Python’s design philosophy emphasizes code readability with its notable use of significant whitespace.
|Price||250 Euro (20% discount for bachelor students)|
|Application deadline||February 18|
|(This course has ended)|
The course will cover fundamentals of programming using Python programming language. At the beginning we will cover topics such as lists, dictionaries, tuples and array manipulation using numpy library. Then flow control, loops, classes, functions are covered. Different data analysis and visualization will be also covered using pandas and matplotlib libraries.
Python is general purpose programming language which can solve a lot of different computer science related problems. Initially the language was used for solving problems in the field of statistics, econometrics, and numerical analysis.
Nowadays Python is used in implementing web-applications using MVC technology, and the most popular libraries are Django and Flask.
With the advancement in Machine learning and Artificial Intelligence, Python have started to be even more popular, as data scientist are using Python as their language of choice.
Python is heavily used in data analysis and visualization where libraries Pandas and Dash being the most used libraries for the purpose.
According to https://codinginfinite.com/best-programming-languages-to-learn-2019 Python is the best language to learn for year 2019.
According to https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/top-10-programming-languages-of-the-world-2019-to-begin-with/ Python is the second most popular language in the world for year 2019.
With our training courses you will become a valuable asset to any company. Along with this, our classes will prepare you for future employment by our partnering companies.
The audience for possible participants of the training course is from different fields, and includes people from finance, sales, mathematics, technology, and Information technology. The participants can be from following professions:
• Business analysts
• Data analysts
• Data scientist
• IT professionals
• Technology related people
The targeted audience in this training is quite inexperienced and skill-hungry. They are looking for employment and professional training programs in which they want to be trained and get the opportunity for a job. They may be able to attend a full-time training course.
By attending a training course in Python programming, people are ready to leap ahead of the pack and get a great skill into their career path. If they already know a programming language, candidates will learn a new and trendy language which is much easier to learn then other upper programming languages. If they are beginners in programming, candidates will learn skills of a strong programming language which contain support from thousand of developers all around the world.
Often the biggest distinction between massively successful developers and “just barely” successful developers is the level of confidence they have about their skills, which affects how they market and how they are able to talk about what they can deliver. With the rock-solid confidence attendees at this training, won’t hesitate to let people know what they can do
After attending the Python programming course, candidates will be able to:
• Install Python IDE
• Know about basic data structures such as scalar data types, string, list, dict, tupple
• Use numpy library to manipulate arrays
• Use control flow (if, for loops, while loops)
• Create and call function
• Create basic object oriented classes
• Use pandas library and its main functions
• Read and write from the file
• Visualize data using matplotlib and seaborn library
• Clean data from datasets (data wrangling)
• Aggregate and group data
• Create and use time series
• An ambition to be a creative professional
• Basic Knowledge of English, writing/reading
• 18+ years old
Objectives of this module:
• Introduction to Python programming language
• Installing Python. Installing separate libraries in Python
• Built-in data types
• Variable Names
• Core Native Data Types (numeric, float, bool, str, lists, tupple, dictionary) and manipulation with them
• Array concatenation
• Accessing Elements of an Array
• Special arrays
• Basic math
• Advanced math with arrays
• Generating Arrays (linspace, arrange, r_)
• Rounding arrays
• Array sorting and extreme values
• Nan functions
• Flow Control
• if . . . elif . . . else
• for loops
• while loops
• exception with try … except
• List comprehension
• functions definition and calling
• Anonymous Functions
• Introduction to Object Oriented Programming (OOP)
• Class basics
Objectives during this module:
• Introduction to pandas Data Structures: Series, DataFrame, Index objects
• Essential functionality with pandas: reindexing, droping entries, indexing, function mapping, sorting
• Summarizing and Computing Descriptive Statistics
• Handling Missing Data
• Hierarchical Indexing
• Reading and Writing Data in Text Format
• Reading and writing Binary Data Formats
• Graphics : libraries matplotlib and seaborn
• 2D Plotting
• Advanced 2D Plotting
• Plotting Functions in pandas
• Combining and Merging Data Sets
• Reshaping and Pivoting
• Data Transformation: removing duplicates, replacing values, transforming data using function, renaming axis
• Group by operations
• Data aggregation
• Pivot tables
• Date and Time Data Types and Tools
• Time Series Basics
• Date Ranges, Frequencies, and Shifting
• Periods and Period Arithmetic
• Resampling and Frequency Conversion
• Time Series Plotting
60 hours (3 days per week, 3 hours per day)
Monday, Wednesdey and Friday from 17:30-20:30
The course will start on February 19, 2020 / Training room first floor.
Certificate of Attendance / Completion
1. Course attendance – 80%.
2. Final Project/Exam - 20%
Ardian Grezda, MSc in Computer Science from King’s College London. Ardian Grezda has over 10 years experience in the following programming languages: C++, C#, Python, Visual Basic, ASP.net, etc. He has also experience in database design, implementation and administration in SQLServer, Oracle, mysql. He has 7 years experience as a lecturer from University of Prishtina, mainly in computer science related subject. Ardian has 3 years experience in teaching subject of data analysis and visualization using Python programming language as a tool.
Expertise: Programming, Databases, Data Analysis
Lecturing in: Python programming
© ICK — Innovation Centre Kosovo