Java is one of the most popular programming languages used in professional application development.
|Price||250 Euro (20% discount for bachelor students)|
|Application deadline||October 9|
|(This course has ended)|
Java is one of the most popular programming languages used in professional application development. As such, there is an extensive job market available to those who master its syntax. However, mastering a language as complex and vast as Java requires a developer to start with a solid programming foundation. This class provides that foundation. Those who are looking to start a career in software development, or developers who are looking to increase their marketability by learning the nuts and bolts of Java, will benefit from taking this course. To start the student on the “right track,” the lectures and labs go beyond basic syntax by including best practices and object oriented programming idioms. In addition, the topics covered help prepare students for the Oracle Certified Associate, Java Programmer SE 8 exam (a certification which demonstrates to potential employers a fundamental level of proficiency with the language). However, do note that this course is just as appropriate for someone who is not interested in taking the exam; if you want to learn Java, this is the course for you!
Creating high-performing multi-threaded applications
• Creating Java technology applications that leverage the object-oriented features of the Java language, such as encapsulation, inheritance, and polymorphism
• Implementing input/output (I/O) functionality to read from and write to data and text files and understand advanced I/O streams
• Executing a Java technology application from the command line
• Manipulating files, directories and file systems using the JDK NIO.2 specification
• Creating applications that use the Java Collections framework
• Performing multiple operations on database tables, including creating, reading, updating and deleting using both JDBC and JPA technology
• Searching and filter collections using Lambda Expressions
• Implementing error-handling techniques using exception handling
• Using Lambda Expression concurrency features
This Java SE 8 Programming training covers the core language features and Application Programming Interfaces (API) you will use to design object-oriented applications with Java Standard Edition 8 (Java SE 8) Platform.
• Create Java technology applications with the latest JDK Technology
• Develop your object-oriented skills
• Identify good practices in the use of the language to create robust Java application
• Use Lambda expressions in Java applications
• Store and manipulate data using collections
• Manipulate files, directories and file systems
• Connect to databases using standard SQL queries through JDBC
• Create high-performance multi-threaded applications Classroom Training
1. Introduction to Java
2. Structure of an application in Java
3. Types of data
5. Structure and control of the execution flow
6. The structure of classes and objects
8. Introduction to OOP
9. Definition of classes
10. Extending classes and inheritance
11. Exposition of some design principles
12. Software development methodologies
16. Database Linking through JDBC
17. Practical work: Link and integrate all parts of the application
Java Developers who want to improve their development skills by applying industry best practices in their daily work. After getting a short background in software development processes, they will learn about the main industry best practices, and what tools can help apply them. After reading the book, they should be in a good position to know what best practices are suitable for their particular situation, and what tools are available to support them.
Project Managers, Software architects and Development Team Leaders, who want to implement or improve a software development process within a project, and who want to define a project or company-wide set of recommended tools and best practices.
Process Experts trying to introduce a new software development process into an organisation, or optimize an existing one, and who need to know what tools can be used to support the process. Their job is to define a process that suits an organisation’s goals, structure and culture. Process improvement is a tough job, and knowing what supporting tools exist can make the process go more smoothly.
75 hours* 3 days*/3 hours per day* 8 weeks.
Monday - Wednesday - Friday from 18:00 - 21:00 (Training first floor)
This course will start on October 11, 2021
Certificate of Attendance / Completion
1. Course attendance – 80%.
2. Final Project & Homework - 20%
Durmish is experienced software engineer with more than 12 years of experience in software development. Focused mainly on open source tech stack. An interesting career in sound and image processing. Enthusiastic, with a high interest in technology megatrends such as numerical analysis and big data.”
© ICK — Innovation Centre Kosovo