The Advance Editing & Storytelling for social media training course is designed for those that have basic knowledge on editing but want to be more involved on taking a simple video on the next level.
|Application deadline||September 4.|
48* Hours / 2 Days per week* / 3 hours per day* / 8 Weeks*
On Tuesday and Thursday from 17:30 - 20:30. Training room first floor.
This Course will start on September 5.
• Basic knowledge of English
• Familiarity with video editing software(preferably Premiere Pro)
• Age 16+
Social Media has changed the way we tell a story. Today, video is the most wanted content on the internet and as such the way we edit stories is changing to be adaptable on different social media platforms. Video editing softwares are becoming more simplified but storytelling is becoming more complex. Knowing how to use the editing knowledge that you gain will open your dimensions on how you will tell a story that interacts with the people that watch it.
The Advance Editing & Storytelling for social media training course is designed for those that have basic knowledge on editing but want to be more involved on taking a simple video on the next level. Using all the tools that post production gives you, you will be more invested on how you will tell a story.
This course is not design only for those who want to be strictly professional editors. It also gives a skill to those who are content creators, social media managers, journalist of online papers, young entrepreneurs that want to show their scope of work, and everyone who engages online. Furthermore, editing is one of the most wanted skills to work on an office or remotely, so knowing how to professionally edit a story gives you a power to adapt this skill for different video concepts
• Introduction to Advanced Editing
• Techniques and Tools of Editing
• Storytelling and Visual Narrative
• Sound Design and Music Editing
• Color Correction and Grading
• Post-Production Workflow
• Project Development and Critique
• Career Development and Industry Trends
Classes will be focused more on practice side where together we will edit different video concepts by including theory on the beginning of every class. Classes are computer-based, with presentations given by a main projector.
The ultimate goal of this video editing course is to prepare students for a career in video editing and to equip them with the skills necessary to create high-quality videos for personal or business use. Along the way, students will learn how to effectively communicate their message through the use of video, how to work collaboratively with others, and how to manage their time and resources effectively to create professional-quality video content.
• Overview of the editing process
• The role of the editor in the production process
• Ethics and standards of editing
• Review of different software programs for editing such as Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro and the potential of app based editing softwares.
• Preparing the rough cut of a story for social media
• Advanced editing techniques such as color correction, sound design, and visual effects
• The art of storytelling and its application in editing
• Understanding the narrative structure and visual language
• Building a visual story through the use of cuts, shots, and sound
• The basics of sound design
• Sound editing techniques such as foley, ADR, and sound effects
• Techniques for synchronizing audio and music with the picture
• Understanding color theory and its application in editing
• Advanced techniques in color correction and grading
• Color grading as a storytelling tool
• Finalising the video story
• Managing the workflow, including version control and backup procedures
• Exporting in different formats
• The process of developing and refining a project
• Critiquing and receiving constructive feedback
• Working on critique based changes
• Overview of the film and video editing industry
• Career paths for editors
• Current trends and innovations in the field of editing
1. Course attendance – 70%.
2. Final Project/Exam - 30%
Vesa Broqi finished her Film Directing studies at the University of Prishtina. She has worked on Production related projects for over 10 years in local and regional projects. For over 5 years , she was highly involved on videos produced for European Delegation in Albania as scriptwriter and video editor. Her most noticeable work are the videos produced for Europe Week 2021 where for one month she directed and was the main editor of more than 30 videos including concerts and video stories. Throughout her career she saw the evolution and the impact of video content in social media and wants to deliver her expertise for her future colleagues.
© ICK — Innovation Centre Kosovo