The Growth and Traction Camps are two weeks of free workshops, mentoring, and networking implemented by Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ), in cooperation with TNW. This is the third time TNW has run this program for startups from the Western Balkans. This edition of the bootcamp will see the Growth camp delivered in Skopje, North Macedonia as an in-person program, from November 8-10. The Traction camp will be delivered virtually November 22 - 24th.
TNW and GIZ present the “Growth & Traction Camp” for Western Balkans startupsOctober 05, 2022
The Innovation Centre Kosovo is partnering with GIZ & TNW on this regional program. We’re thrilled to announce the launching of the third Growth and Traction Camp for startups from the Western Balkans and we believe it could be beneficial for startups from Kosovo, too. In this edition, we will be hosting the Growth Camp as a physical, 3 day event in Skopje, North Macedonia from November 8-10th, and the Traction camp digitally from 22-24th November.
GIZ and TNW aim to bring together Western Balkans startups to support them on their regional and international expansion. The participants will get free access to top notch workshops, training, mentoring, investor connections and a community that can support their business growth. All travel and accommodation costs for startups will be covered by GIZ.
Applications are now open, until October 20th 2022 for startups located in Albania, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Kosovo, Montenegro, Serbia and North Macedonia.
The workshops and related sessions aim to help you to analyse and improve your business model, get ready for international expansion, connect to investors, and make long lasting peer connections with other founders in the region.
You are eligible to apply if you meet these criteria:
1. Your headquarters or key staff are based in one of the six Western Balkans nations (Albania, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Kosovo, Montenegro, Serbia, or North Macedonia)
2. You have an existing product or service on the market, or an MVP which you have already piloted with customers
3. You have at least one customer beyond your home nation already
4. You should have a business that is suitable to scale within or beyond the region (a scalable business model, multi-country appeal, existing customer validation).
5. Note: due to the content and set up of the program, we not looking for software development agencies that do not have a product or service beyond contract software development
6. Female founders in particular are encouraged to apply
We know that you are busy and that virtual sessions shouldn’t last the whole day! Startups should expect to be involved approximately 3-4 hours each day with workshops, meeting peers, exercises, and meetings during both the Traction Camp. The physical growth camp will be a more intense 3 day period with full day sessions combining training and exercises guided by mentors.
Here is a brief information sheet which may also be relevant to share with other startups in your network.