The Civil Service Innovation Program for Implementation of the SAA
GOV4SAA, will be the first implementation program for the civil servants (CS) in Kosovo aiming to support innovative ideas for public services which contribute to the implementation of the Stabilization and Association Agreement (SAA) between Kosovo and the EU. The aim with the final products/services will be to help improve public services for citizens and businesses and other stakeholders.
The program will enable the CS and other participants to shift to a start-up mindset, picking up the idea, building a team (mainly with CS, or private sector and CSO), develop a prototype, test it, gather feedback, and present it to a wider public.
• Promote a culture of entrepreneurship in public institutions in the context of EU integration by encouraging innovative ideas and a problem-solving approach to SAA reforms;
• Promote capacity-building of public institutions in implementation of SAA reforms through practice-oriented mentoring and coaching;
• Promote cooperation between public institutions and other stakeholders in implementation of SAA reforms through innovative products in support of policy implementation.
• Civil servants from national and local government in the territory of the Republic of Kosovo;
• The applicants shall have an existing knowledge of legal and conceptual framework of the public sector;
• Advantage is given to teams composed of CS from different institutions, CSOs and private sector;/
• A team comprised from up to 5 members;
• The idea/product should contribute towards SAA implementation;
• Clear vision and viable solution in line with the project objectives;
• Preferred implementation timeframe of product/service within 1-2 years;
• Cost efficient and rational indicative elaboration of product cost and other necessary resources;
• Written commitment and support from the managerial level of the institution;
• Advantage is granted to ideas contributing to cross cutting criteria such as environment, gender etc;
• On a later stage, the team representative should be willing to draft a sustainability plan to ensure its continuation after the expiry of GIZ project;
What are the benefits of participating in the program for the winning teams?
• Intensive Incubation Program at ICK (Participation on workshops and meetings with the experts from Kosovo and the EU to turn your ideas into product prototypes (MVP);
• Methodical and technical support (Adapted to the needs of your idea - eg one-on-one sessions at the request of the team, technical support for prototype development and other);
• Personal development (Training, practice and development of soft skills);
• Ability to establish contacts (Access to experts and leaders in your field);
• PR and communication (Media exposure and assistance in communication with stakeholders);
• Working space (A unique and inspiring environment dedicated to you and your team);
• Possible Financing (Opportunity to receive financing to further develop the idea);
Please download the Program Guide for more information.
Press here for Albanian Press here for English Press here for Serbian
This project is financed by GIZ Kosovo with the support of the Office of Prime Minister and is implemented by ICK.
© ICK — Innovation Centre Kosovo